Sellers Terms and conditions
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act, 2000”), the applicable rules there under and the provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The domain name www.avaniindustries.in (hereinafter referred to as 'Website') is owned by Avani Industries (hereinafter referred to as 'Avani Industries'), a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956/
Your use of the Website, services, and tools is governed by the following terms and conditions (ToU) including applicable policies incorporated herein by way of reference. If you transact on the Website, you shall be subject to the policies that are applicable to the Website for such a transaction. By mere use of the Website you shall be contracting with Avani Industries, and these terms and conditions including the policies constitute your binding obligations to Avani Industries.
When you use any of the services provided by us through the Website including but not limited to (e.g. customer reviews) you will be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms and conditions applicable to such services and they shall be deemed incorporated into the ToU and considered a part and parcel of the ToU. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the ToU at any time and without any prior written notice to you. It is your responsibility to review the ToU periodically for updates/changes. Your continued use of the Website following the changes will mean that you accept and agree to the revisions. As long as you comply with the ToU, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited privilege to enter and use the Website.
The use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a seller on the Website, transact or use the Website. Avani Industries reserves the right to terminate your registration and/or refuse you access to the Website if it is brought to Avani Industries’s notice or discovered that you are under the age of 18 years. If you register as a business entity, you represent that you are duly authorized by the business entity to accept the ToU and you have the authority to bind the business entity to the ToU.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
If you use the Website, you shall be responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your display name, login and password details and all activities that occur with the use of your display name, login and password details. You agree that if you provide any information which is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or not in accordance with the ToU, we shall have the right to indefinitely suspend, terminate or block you from accessing the Website.
When you use the Website or send emails, other data, information, or communication to us, you agree and understand that you are communicating with us through electronic records and you consent to receive communications via electronic records from us periodically or as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or any other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Platform for Transaction and Communication
The Website is a platform that users utilize to meet and interact with one another for their transactions. Avani Industries is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transaction between users on the Website.
1. All commercial/contractual terms are offered by you and agreed upon between you and buyers alone. The commercial/contractual terms include (without limitation) price, shipping costs, payment methods and terms, date, period, and mode of delivery, and warranties and after-sales services related to products and services. Avani Industries does not determine, advice, have any control, or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between you and buyers.
2. Avani Industries does not make any representations or warranties regarding specifics (such as quality, value, and salability) of the items or services proposed to be sold, offered to be sold or purchased on the Website. Avani Industries does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any items and services on the Website. Avani Industries accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
3. Avani Industries is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract between you and buyers. Avani Industries cannot and does not guarantee that you and buyers concerned will perform transaction(s) concluded on the Website. Avani Industries shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve disputes or disagreements between you and buyers.
4. Avani Industries does not make any representations or warranties regarding item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of its users. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular buyer you choose to deal with on the Website and use your best judgment in that regard.
5. Avani Industries does not at any point in time during a transaction between you and a buyer on the Website come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by you, gain title to or have any rights or claims over the products or services offered by you to the buyer.
6. At no time shall Avani Industries hold any right/title to or interest in the items nor have any obligations or liabilities with respect to such a contract. Avani Industries is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services, damages, or delays as a result of items which are out of stock, unavailable, or back-ordered.
7. The Website is only a platform that can be utilized by you to reach a larger customer base to sell items or services. Avani Industries only provides a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between you and the buyer.
8. You release and indemnify Avani Industries and/or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the users on the Website and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable law. Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts in that behalf, Avani Industries cannot control the information provided by other users which is made available on the Website. You may find other user's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. Please use caution and practice safe trading when using the Website. Please note that there may be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
Use of the Website
You agree and understand that Avani Industries and the Website merely provide hosting services to its registered users and persons browsing/visiting the Website. All items advertised / listed and the contents therein are advertised and listed by registered users and are third party user generated contents. Avani Industries neither originates nor initiates the transmission nor selects the sender and receiver of the transmission nor selects nor modifies the information contained in the transmission. Avani Industries has no control over the third party user generated contents. Avani Industries is merely an intermediary and does not interfere in the transaction between buyers and sellers.
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of the Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
1. You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
(a) belongs to another person and over which you have no right;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, bigotry, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever, or unlawfully threatening or harassing, including but not limited to ‘indecent representation of women’ within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
(c) is false, inaccurate or misleading in any way;
(d) is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(e) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(f) involves the transmission of ‘junk mail’, ‘chain letters’, unsolicited mass mailing, or ‘spamming’;
(g) promotes illegal activity or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous;
(h) infringes upon or violates any third party's rights [including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address, or phone number) or rights of publicity];
(i) promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see “Copyright complaint" below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material) such as providing pirated computer programs or links, information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or pirated music or links to pirated music files;
(j) contains restricted or password-only access pages, hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(k) provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
(l) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, providing or creating computer viruses;
(m) contains unauthorized videos, photographs or images of another person (whether a minor or an adult);
(n) tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website, profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend requests, or other areas of the Website, or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users on the Website;
(o) engages in commercial activities and/or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, pyramid schemes, or the buying or selling of ‘virtual’ items related to the Website without our prior written consent.
Throughout the ToU, Avani Industries’s prior written consent means a communication coming from Avani Industries’s Legal Department in response to your request and specifically addressing the activities or conduct for which you have sought authorization;
(p) solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which we, at our sole discretion, believe is or could be construed as being illegal;
(q) interferes with another’s use and enjoyment of the Website;
(r) refers to any website/URL which, at our sole discretion, contains material that is inappropriate for the Website or any other website and content that is prohibited or violates the letter and spirit of ToU;
(s) harms minors in any way;
(t) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, proprietary rights, third-party’s trade secrets, rights of publicity, or privacy, is fraudulent, or involves the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
(u) violates any law for the time being in force;
(v) deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(w) impersonates another person;
(x) contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
(y) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
(z) shall, directly or indirectly, offer or attempt to offer trade or attempt to trade in any item which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force;
(aa) shall create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or part) the services of our Internet Service Provider (“ISPs”) or other suppliers.
2. You shall not use any ‘deep-link’, ‘page-scrape’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’, automatic device, program, algorithm, methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy, monitor any portion of the Website or content or in any way reproduce, or circumvent the navigational structure, presentation of the Website, or any content to obtain or attempt to obtain any material, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve our right to bar any such activities.
3. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, other systems, networks connected to the Website, server, computer, network, or the services offered on or through the Website by hacking, password ‘mining’, or any other illegitimate means.
4. You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website or breach the security, authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace information on any other user of or visitor to Website (including any account on the Website that is not owned by you) or to its source or exploit the Website, any service, information made available, or offered by or through the Website in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information (including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information) provided by the Website.
5. You shall not make any negative, denigrating, or defamatory statement(s)/comment(s) about us, the brand name or domain name used by us, including the terms Avani Industries, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation of Avani Industries or sellers on the platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Avani Industries trade mark, service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade, service marks or trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or Avani Industries’s systems, networks, or any systems or networks connected to Avani Industries.
6. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website, any transaction being conducted on the Website or any other person’s use of the Website.
7. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message, transmittal you send to us on or through the Website, or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that you are or represent someone else or impersonate any other individual or entity.
8. You may not use the Website or any content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the ToU or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of Avani Industries and/or others.
9. You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000, and the rules thereunder as applicable and amended from time to time and also all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Sales Tax/ VAT, Income Tax, Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Custom Duty, Local Levies) and obtain the necessary licences and permits regarding your use of our Website, service and/or tools and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force. In particular you shall ensure that if any of your items listed on the Website qualifies as an "Antiquity" or "Art treasure" as defined in the Act ("Artwork"), you shall indicate that such Artwork is "non-exportable" and sold subject to the provisions of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972, and shall ensure that it is not delivered to any buyer at any place outside India.
11. From time to time you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the items or services proposed to be sold by you. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such items or services so as to mislead other users on the Website in any manner.
12. You shall not engage in advertising or solicitation of other sellers on the Website to buy or sell any products or services, including but not limited to products or services related to what is displayed on the Website. You may not transmit any chain letters or unsolicited commercial or junk email to other users via the Website. It shall be a violation of the ToU to use any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm others or contact, advertise and sell to or solicit persons other than those who have chosen to buy from you. In order to protect our users from such advertising or solicitation, we reserve the right to restrict the number of messages or emails which a seller may send to other users in any 24-hour period, which we deem appropriate at our sole discretion. You understand that we have the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons who have provided information or material on the Website) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with the investigation of an alleged illegal activity or its solicitation and/or response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, we can (and you hereby expressly authorized us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, at our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the material posted on the Website. Avani Industries shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to remove or edit any content that violates or is alleged to violate any applicable law or either the spirit or letter of the ToU. Notwithstanding this right, YOU REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE MATERIAL YOU POST ON THE WEBSITE AND IN YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES. Please be advised that such content posted does not reflect Avani Industries’s views. In no event shall Avani Industries assume or have any responsibility or liability for any content posted on the Website or claims, damages, or losses resulting from its use and/or appearance of it on the Website. You hereby represent and warrant that you have necessary rights to all the content you provide and all information it contains and that such content shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any misleading, libellous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
13. Your correspondence or business dealings with or participation in the promotion of advertisers on or through the Website (including payment and delivery of related products or services, any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings) are solely between you and such advertisers. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of such dealings or the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
14. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized persons or ‘hackers’) may post or transmit offensive or obscene material on the Website and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such material. It is also possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Website and use such information to harass or injure you. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses but by using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Website. Please carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Website.
15. Avani Industries shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group(s) of people, intentionally or unintentionally, in DoS (denial of service) / DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
As a registered seller, you shall list item(s) for sale on the Website in accordance with the policies which are incorporated by way of reference in this ToU. You must be legally able to sell the item(s) you list for sale on our Website and must have all the necessary licences and permits required for such sale. You must ensure that the listed items do not infringe upon the intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy rights of third parties. Listings may only include text descriptions, graphics and pictures that describe your item for sale. All items must be listed in an appropriate category on the Website. All listed items must be kept in stock for successful fulfilment of sales. The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amount that you may have received from the buyer. You agree not to list a single product in multiple quantities across various categories on the Website. Avani Industries reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same product listed by you in various categories.
For Food and Nutrition category, seller shall adhere to the minimum balance shelf life norms as provided at the link here
‘Logistic Partner’ shall mean a logistic service provider approved by Avani Industries Internet Private Limited.
1. You are requested to read the following points carefully before booking the consignment:
2. Logistic Partner accepts documents for shipping from one destination to other. You may carefully note that your consignment must not contain any letter of communication which will infringe the Indian Postal Act 1983. We accept parcels in good faith that they do not contain anything, which will violate the law.
3. 'Shipment / Consignments' means all parcels (excluding documents) that travel under one waybill and which may be carried by any means we choose, including air, road or any other carrier. A 'waybill' shall include any label produced by us under automated systems, air waybill, or consignment note and shall incorporate the ToU. Every Shipment is transported on a limited liability basis as provided herein. If a shipper requires greater protection, seller has to insure their respective consignments.
4. Shipments are delivered only to the receiver`s address given by the seller but not necessarily to the named receiver personally.
5. Consignments, which are of hazardous nature (Chemicals, flammable articles and liquids) expressly prohibited by the railway/airport authority or any other transport agency, shall not be accepted.
6. You shall not enclose cash in the courier consignment and not book jewels, textiles, high value gift articles, share certificates and travel documents. Our liability in cases of any loss or damage to the consignment shall not exceed Rs. 5000 /-
7. You shall declare the value of the consignment on the consignment note & shipping label at the time of booking.
8. You shall ensure that the consignment is properly packed with thick paper material to avoid damage. You shall use either plain packaging material (without any branding) or packaging material with“Avani Industries.in” name and/or logo for delivery of Products sold on the Website. Under no circumstances shall the packaging material contain name, trademarks, logos, images, symbol, text, graphics, photographs and/or other material or information belonging to any third party including any marketplace other than Avani Industries.
9. If more than one consignment is booked to the same consignee on different airway bill numbers, you shall ensure that the full address is written on all the consignments.
10. Consignments addressed to Ministry Offices and Central Government Offices in New Delhi are put in the box at the gate, due to security reasons as per the direction of the Central Government without taking any POD proof/acknowledgement from the receiver.
11. You have to hand over all their consignments before the specified CUT-OFF-TIME for on time delivery.
12. Logistic Partner shall not be liable for any loss including but not limited to taxes and duties levied on the consignment arising due to confiscation of shipments by any Government Agencies due to lack of proper documents.
13. Logistic Partner shall not be liable for any loss arising due to the causes beyond its control such as floods, accidents, fire, theft, war etc.
14. Every effort is made to adhere to the delivery schedule, but it may be delayed in the circumstances beyond Logistic Partner’s control.
15. Octroi or any other charges levied by any Central/State/Local Authorities wherever applicable shall be extra and the seller shall pay it in Indian National Rupees.
16. Logistic Partner is not liable for any loss, miss-delivery, delay or damage to any article/things/documents sent and no officer of Logistic Partner is liable for any such loss or delay or damage.
17. Logistic Partner has the right but not the obligation,